WA Heavy Vehicle Pilot Application Form

Heavy vehicle pilots play a key role in ensuring road safety and property protection in the movement of oversize and/or overmass (OSOM) loads. All heavy vehicle pilots operating in WA are required to obtain a WA Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence (HVPL).

Needing to move an oversize agricultural vehicle? Find out more by visiting the Agricultural Vehicles page

WA Agricultural Pilot Requirements Flow-chart

A pilot vehicle is required to accompany an oversize agricultural combination or agricultural machine when it exceeds certain dimensions.

The Agricultural Pilot Authorisation 2019 allows a person, known as an Agricultural Pilot, to drive a pilot vehicle when accompanying an oversize agricultural combination or agricultural machine, up to 8.5 m in width, without the need to hold a Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence.

An Agricultural Pilot is not a Heavy Vehicle Licensed Pilot and must comply with all the requirements outlined in the: