Areas of the state where additional escorts are required
Additional police escorts may be required in areas to ensure the safe movement of oversize loads. These areas and routes include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lonsdale to the north of the Adelaide Metropolitan Area
- Marion Road / Sir Donald Bradman Drive
- East of Truro through to Accommodation Hill
- Gorge Road, between Ryan Avenue at Athelstone and Chain of Ponds
- Victor Harbor Road, between Mount Compass and Welch Road, Hindmarsh Valley
- Port River Expressway / Magazine Road at Dry Creek (to enable oversize vehicles to make a u-turn)
- Goolwa Road, between Mount Compass and Alexandrina Road, Currency Creek.
Use this Tool to locate all listed bridges in SA and obtain their maximum height underneath.
To Access go to:
- Datasets, then select
- Infrastructure and Utilities,
- Bridge Structure.
- Complete and submit our web form
- We will assess the route you describe in your application to make sure your load can travel safely without making contact with our overhead infrastructure.
- We will provide you our High Load Permit or contact you for more information.
Daytime Escort Charts for Oversize Vehicles and Loads.
Escort pick up/drop off locations